The Notams is an officer appointed by the panel.
In addition to the day-to-day duties and responsibilities the Notams Officer will also advise the panel on policy setting in respect of Notams as required by the Chair or Meet Director.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Agree in consultation with the Meet Director for the scope, format and timescale of Notams to be issued in respect of each competition.
- Draft in suitable format such Notams as are required for each competition.
- Arrange for the dissemination of Notams through the AIS in advance of the competition and in adequate time to allow the Notam system to distribute the Notams.
- Update or clarify Notams in the light of site changes.
- Notify the Military low flying freefone service for weekday competitions.
- Act as, or delegate, a point of contact for telephone Notam queries.
- Issue Notam cancellations where appropriate.
- Advise the Meet Director in a timely manner of any Notams that may affect task setting.
- Produce a daily digest of Notams that may affect task flying for each day of the competition in time for the first briefing.
- Give verbal or written clarifications of the days Notams at the briefing as required by the Meet Director